Thursday, July 23, 2009

PROBLEM leaving a comment

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Claudine Weiher wrote:
Hi Bob:

I have tried several times off and on for the last few days to send a comment? post a comment? to your blog message re driving and Doug's re dances. I cannot seem to get this accomplished.

I click on "comment" under the message. Sometimes then it takes me to a site for sending an individual e-mail ? Other times it takes me to a site to type in a word it displays and then my user name etc., and I do so and it tells me there is an error?

So, if I want to comment back say just to you on the drivers thing what do I do? And, if I want to comment back as a message to all on the blog, what do I do?

This is all very frustrating. All the more so because once I did this successfully.


Claudine

REPLY:

I see the problem now. I never had any problem commenting or adding a blog as long as I was logged into gmail. Apparently it leaves a cookie on your machine to identify you and allows you to blog and comment. When you are not logged into gmail, it comes up with that stupid email thing. That must be the one failing grace with this google system - they want you to be part of the system. I know you have a gmail account and if you log into that your machine will know that it is you and then google will allow you to comment or add to the blog. If you are trying from another machine and not logged in, it apparently won't until you do log in. I'm sorry, I don't know of any way around their system. Luckily, it is easy and free to obtain a gmail account and log into it by going to gmail.com. I'll publish this commentary and hope that it will allow others to be able to access the site.

Bob

No comments: