Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A PS note from Claudine

Hello again classmates.

I remembered another one of the movies I have seen recently and so will add it to my review list.

Up In The Air , a B+. I could not remember it because although it is a fun movie to watch it leaves you with nothing--no good feelings ,nothing to think on, just sort of air. George Clooney of course is beautiful. Maybe they should just do a movie of shots of him. That was the best part of this movie.

A PS on vacations as well:

I spent Thanksgiving in Charleston. I love Charleston and it is a wonderful place to spend the Thanksgiving holiday. The weather is very mild and it was sunny, the food is outstanding, and more and more of downtown is restored each time I visit . The Friday shopping streets are swarming with people and it is all very festive. If anyone decides to abandon the traditional family get together, this is the place to go.

We then went on to Asheville to visit the Biltmore Mansion. It was fully decorated for Christmas including 50 Christmas trees and was beautiful to see and tour. I t is worth a trip in itself and I think a must see site. I am not sure why I had never been there.


Next we stopped in Memphis en route to a meeting in Little Rock. Well, Graceland is closed on Tuesdays so we though we would hit it on our way back, but did walk around the grounds. Maybe some other time.

Little Rock is an ugly and nothing place. I hope I am not stepping on any toes here. Our hosts at the Clinton Library , however,were very gracious and we had some lovely evening events at the Library.

We were headed back to Washington with a planned stop by Graceland when I received word of the death of Sally's son, so we headed north and west instead to be with Sally.

When I was in Memphis all the souvenir stores were closed as well as the mansion for their annual inventory. If anyone is there soon I need the black short sleeved tee shirt with "Elvis" written across the front in rhinestones. It was in the window.

Rex, why don't you tell us more about your trip to South America?

And, the rest of you, please share your holiday experiences, trips, news of family whatever. Bob has said it better but any news is welcome and fun.

Claudine

No comments: