Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A note from Paula (Johnson) Neale

Dear Bob,
Here is a note for the blog.

One reason I haven’t contributed to the blog is that it seems everyone’s life is much more interesting than mine, but I’ll try to get over that. I really do enjoy reading about everyone’s thoughts and adventures even when they are about everyday things.



Another reason is that I once tried and failed to comment on the hilarious depantsing segment and was irritated about it all. I have a Google profile, I think. At least I have Gmail, so why didn’t it work? Whatever, I’ll send this to Bob as we have been instructed.



And a final note of the “once bitten twice shy” variety about why some of us hesitate to try things online. A couple of days ago, I was trying to find contact information for a former student of mine. I found him listed on Linked in, which is a professional networking site. It was one of those sites where you have to join to get past the first page. That usually stops me in my tracks, as I prefer to avoid more spam as well as identity theft, etc. This time, though, I went ahead. Membership was free, and I had heard of the site. Somehow in the sign-up process, invitations to connect to me went out to everyone in my contact list who was already registered. I thought I said no when asked if I wanted to do that, but then no one ever listens when I say no.



Anyway the next thing I know my children are emailing me wanting to know why I’m looking for a job, and I’m getting responses from people I’ve never heard of agreeing to connect with me. Wish I had used my secondary email address. It would be a lot funnier then.



Best wishes for a happy and fulfilling New Year to all of the Paseo Class of 59.



Paula Johnson Neale

No comments: