Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A note from Carolyn (Behn) Ryan

I've camped at Cottonwood Pass. What a beautiful place!
I just spent Friday with Janet (Engler) Klass in Ames, Iowa. We caught up on the last 50 years. Thanks to the reunion book I was able to locate her.
Reminiscing about the past, I grew up at 38th and Olive St. I should have gone to Central, but my brother was already at Paseo, so I was able to transfer in also. I attended Immanuel Lutheran grade school on 42nd and Tracy. It was a long walk home from there, but it got me in shape for the walk home from Paseo.I usually walked home with Sharleen Thompkins. Most of you were at Paseo for 8th grade, an advantage I think. I remember my first English class with Miss Kramer...I really felt behind. We certainly had some great teachers and after reading through the reunion book, it looks like everyone became mature, caring adults! Hats off the to class of '59!

No comments: