Thursday, October 8, 2009

A conversation between Bob Pflanz & Claudine Weiher

Hi Claudine:

I did get home this last weekend and have been trying to get caught up with paperwork, bills, emails, etc.
As you can see, I posted your pictures of the raft trip - they were great. I also posted some pictures of the Rockies.
As you suggested, I sent the blog address to everyone and also my email if they had any comments they wished me to post.
It's been pretty quiet all summer from our fellow pirates, but maybe with the advent of fall we will get more communication.
I'm glad you got your mother's house sold - it's a tough market right now. I'm sorry that you won't have any excuse to come back to Kansas City for a while. I suppose we will all drift back to our former lives and the resumed friendships and contacts we revived will pass away, but it was nice for a while to see everyone from our youth. I hope your future is as interesting and enjoyable as your past and that you will remain in contact once in a while.

Your friend,
Bob
-----------------

Hi Bob:

I sure hope they do not pass away, and the blog will help. In any case we and a few others will be in touch.

Is anything happening as far as planning an annual reunion event of some sort for next summer? When I tried to find someone to take over the planning of the 50th ,right after Dave Pennington resigned, I received a firm "no" from every Committee member hence my stepping in even though I believed someone located in KC should be in charge. So we will see. I would definitely attend any such event hoping all the while that it will not be a picnic, but I am not confident that it will get planned.

Did you hear any news from the October 4th all Paseo classes picnic? Maybe something will get started from that gathering.

If nothing else is planned we will just plan a big dinner/lunch for those who have stayed in touch. KC is lovely in June.

Your friend,

Claudine

No comments: