Sunday, November 1, 2009

a note from Bill Koste

Bob: please insert this in the blog under, Cakewalk Comments or Rex Weddle Claim.


I felt it imperative to respond to Rex's scurrilos attack upon my good name in regard to his alleged "depantsing." I present the facts as I recall them.

1. Rex walked home in a northerly direction, and I walked home in the opposite direction; therefore it would have been difficult for me to be involved in this spurious activity. In fact I should remind Rex that he had to travel thru the northern depantsing zone administered by the "big kids";and, if this event really took place they (not I) were the perpetrators.

2. I had no gang as Rex claims; the nearest thing to a gang was when Billy Armstrong, George Howard, and myself called ourselves the "The Three Musketeers" and we skipped out of school a lunch time to get a hotdog at the bowling alley on Prospect.

3. As I recall;however,there was a rumor of a "self-depantsing" taking place and a smallish boy running home "sans trou"' if this was true and Rex was that individual it truly was a call for help, perhaps as a result of losing one to many times in the highly competative, and pressure packed Francis Willard CAKEWALK!!

4.If memory serves me right, Rex always had interesting and somewhat unbelivable tales to tell in the morning "sharing" we all experienced, whether it be in Miss Lorings second grade or Miss Hendricsons third grade, perhaps Rex's blog comment was his way of getting us all into sharing our memories.

Iwould like to thank Bob Pflanz for posting this responce for me. I also would like to thank Bob, Don Kuntz, Dougie Marker, and Don Zurovsky for the great team effort on Miss Lowes "Train Project" ( I still think I would have been the best engineer.)

Bill Koste

1 comment:

Bob Pflanz said...

Bill, you have a remarkable memory. I wish I could remember events and people from the past as well. What was that train program that you are referring to? It obviously has slipped my mind (along with many others).
Bob