Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Here it is the day after Thanksgiving and the mad rush has begun. Before we get too much involved in our Christmas planning, I just wanted to take a peaceful, calm moment to wish all of you a Happy Holiday Season. It was a real treat for me to see all of you this year - you stirred up many long lost memories and brought my youth back to me. Now that we are becoming the retired generation, many of the younger people think we are out of step with their world. But after being with all of you, I feel much better about my perspective. We all share a common background and similar memories of a world that has changed and of course our views differ from the youth around us on many subjects. It's nice to know that we are right and they are wrong - but I'm not going to tell them (they can find out for themselves like we did). Enjoy the season knowing that there are many of us out there caring for each other and not completely lost in the hubbub and furor. Peace is nice.
Bob Pflanz

No comments: