Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A note from Claudine

Hello Classmates.
 
It took me a little time to tune in this morning.  I had been out of the country for three weeks, arriving late last night, and was just trying to catch any recently arriving  e-mails that might address banking or other such and similar  problems.  Then I saw the notice about Bonnie but did not spend the requisite time to go through older e-mails  to get my facts straight before sending out  messages asking for information that had already been provided.  My apologies.
 
That said, I was both shocked and saddened at Bonnie's death.  As I said in a message to the Reunion Committee, she looked so well and was her old self at the reunion.  Most of us had not seen her since the 10th reunion and were very glad she could join us for this last one.  There was never anyone who was such fun to be around and to visit with.  Her "Best Personality" award on the Senior Ballot was right on.
 
 I had no idea she was ill but now am aware that I was one of the few "sorority sisters" that was unaware of her kidney and heart problems.  I am sorry that I did not stay in closer touch.
 
It seems we all may need to ensure that we stay in touch. The scariest thing is to think about the time when there is no one at the end of the line? So, let us talk now from time to time.
 
Keep moving.
 
Claudine

No comments: