Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A note for the blog from Claudine

Hello Classmates from the District of Colombia.

Well we are dug out, but be cannot move our car for fear that someone will take the parking place. Many have decided to postpone until spring this job, and so parking spaces are scarce.

Fortunately I can walk or subway to many things. Here is my entertainment report for the last few days.

The revival of "Grease". I give this a C+. Go see the movie again instead. This revival is not very good.

A Single Man. Am I the only one in town who did not realize this broken heart and romance was not about a man and a woman , but about men? I re-read the review three times after returning from the movie, and there was no hint whatsoever that this whole movie was about gay romance, heartbreak, new romance, whatever. Fine, but I would have liked to know ahead of time what I was going to see.

Fish Tank. Awful, Awful and three and one half stars in the Washington Post.

On Net Flicks: The Beguiled. Whew. I had seen it before. but decided to see it again. Some movie!

I also have been to a couple of art exhibits etc. that will not travel, so I will not bore you with them.

Let the blog know, please, what you all are doing to get through this global warming winter.

Claudine

No comments: