Friday, April 9, 2010

So now it's April

I survived March basketball madness. As those of you who read the sports section know, Stanford women (my team!) played in the Final Four in San Antonio this past weekend.
The four games leading to the Final Four were fun, and a the team looked great.
In San Antonio, Stanford beat the University of Oklahoma but lost to the University of Connecticut. (Good thing I didn't have Rex place a bet for me!) The championship game was ugly, but Stanford came close, and I'm not terribly disappointed with losing since UConn was heavily favored to win; maybe I should have had Rex check the point spread!
At least Stanford did better than the Nebraska women and the KU men!
Other than basketball, San Antonio is a wonderful city, the wild flowers north of the city were spectacular, and I always enjoy hanging out with my basketball-crazy friends.
I returned to California with a nasty head cold, but comforted with the thought that Stanford plays UConn again next December. We'll avenge our loss then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you, Harriett - too bad for Stanford. Now you know how we KU, K-State and MU fans feel - ha! Glad you enjoyed San Antonio - we were there when my son was in OTS in the late 90's. Hang in there - there is always next year. Sharon (Reeves) Robertson